Monday, March 16, 2015

Photo Studio App Review

           



The app I chose was Photo Editor. This app can be used to edit photos and create cool fun images using the different filters. There’s a lot you can do with just one app. One image can be enhanced greatly with just one click. Photo Studio has many different features that allow you to make your image more appealing to the eyes.  I take photos with my iPod camera. The images come out nice but a touch of editing with apps will make a huge difference.

            One of the most important features it has is the brightness and contrast feature. This allows you to make the picture brighter if the picture is dark. The contrast allows you to bring out the intricate details and make the image more visually appealing. Another significant feature is the saturation and hue control. This feature allows you to bring out certain shades in an image such as reds, blues or greens. You can also crop the picture to whatever size you want.
 Original

With Contrast and Saturation 


The most appealing feature of Photo Studio is the different unique filters. There are 14 different categories of filters, each filled with more detailed filters. The categories of filters include color strokes, artsy, vignettes, overlays, fantasy, misc., distortion, color lenses, Fancy, vintage, grunge, Hollywood Fx, blur, and groovy lo-fi.  
            I used this app to edit a picture of my friend and tested some of the filters. I used sepia and burnt paper. I realized how these filters make the picture look unrealistic and look overly edited. A good thing about these filters is you can control the amount of filter you want. I liked sepia the most because it wasn't as strong and unrealistic looking. 

 Burnt Paper


   Sepia


 Ancient Canvas 

The overlays are pretty and visually appealing. I liked the sparkles big and sparkles small overlay. They add a nice fun touch to a boring plain image.

 Original


 Sparkles Large

 Sparkles Small
I would not recommend this app to any users who want to create images that are more high quality and realistic looking. If you are looking for an app that has really unique and over the top filters, I would suggest Photo Studio for you. All the different varieties of filters and overlays would be what you are looking for. Overall my opinion on this app is I will not use it again because it does not fit my photography needs. I did like the fact it had a brightness/contrast feature and the saturation/hue feature, but that can be done with any app. The good thing about the app is the amount of filter can be controlled. I felt some of the filters were too cheesy and cheap looking.  




No comments:

Post a Comment